Art Works Gallery opened in May 2010 as a new Grass Valley downtown artists co-op gallery on Mill Street.
We have been successful in part due to this excellent location but more importantly due to the commitment of our many artists working together to share the responsibilities as a unified team. We divide the work and share in the fun and enthusiasm, as well as the expenses to create a successful art gallery for all the members, and the community.
Members financial obligation
• Full membership artists pay $85 a month, first and last months rent due upon joining ($170).
• One dollar of the monthly dues goes into the theft fund to help reimburse artists for 50% of value up to $100.
• One time only non-refundable facilities fee of $150 due upon joining. (May be paid over a 2 month period at the discretion of the board).
• Total due upon joining is $320.
• Consignment fee on all sales is 20%.
• Artists will be paid the following month for sales of the previous month.
• Staffing time is up to 12 hours per month (double this for members with double spaces.) Hours will be split into 4-hour shifts. Add a minimum of 2 extra 4-hour shifts, for special events periodically.
• Scheduling is done on a 4 week basis, so artists’ shifts may fluctuate between 2 and 3 per month, with 3 being the predominant number.
• New members are required to work two 4-hour training shifts during their first month.
• Regular staffing shifts start the following month. All members may be required to work some weekend shifts in order to fulfill their staffing requirements.
GUIDELINES FOR THE JURYING (SCREENING) PROCESS:
The Board will look at all potential new artist's applications 3 times a year in January, May, and September.
The upcoming jurying date is September 27th.
• All incoming artists must have their art juried by the Gallery Board members. Art is accepted according to the gallery’s media requirements.
• After the art is accepted, the artist must have an interview with the Gallery Board members.
• Art may initially be submitted by photographs, images on cd or email jpegs and tiffs. If necessary we may then ask to see the actual work, which must be presented gallery ready.
• Once accepted to the gallery, an artist may not substitute any new form, medium or quality of work, without another jurying process.
• All art submitted must be accompanied by the artist’s resume, business card, artist’s biography, and the following application form [2 pages].
• If your artwork is accepted it may still be placed on a waiting list due to space limitations or media requirements of the gallery.
• Please submit your art work photos to the email address on the application form (see download below.) If mailing a cd or prints please send to:
Art Works Gallery
113 Mill Street
Grass Valley, CA 95945
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Please download and print the application below.